Serves 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins
Who can resist a delicious winter warmer? We can’t 😃! There’s no doubt that this is soup weather so why not whip up this tasty, healthy and easy recipe. This ones sure to be a crowd favourite – made with zucchinis, hints of other delicious healthy bits and topped with Bulla’s Original Cottage Cheese. Not even the kids will resist this one 😏
- 40mL olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 kg zucchini, thinly sliced
- 500mL vegetable stock
- 100g Bulla Cottage Cheese Original
- Handful of basil leaves, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Place a saucepan on medium heat, add oil, onion and garlic. Sauté gently for 3-4 minutes. When onion is soft and still translucent, add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Once stock has boiled, simmer for 10 minutes or until zucchini is just tender to try to retain colour.
- Strain stock and place zucchini in a blender with a small amount of the stock, blend adding a little bit more liquid to achieve the right consistency.
- Place zucchini soup into a small bowl and finish with a dollop of Bulla Cottage Cheese Original, basil leaves and some grated lemon zest.