Makes 12 | Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 5-10 min
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup quick-cooking creamy honey oats
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
60g margarine, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 small bananas, mashed
Cold margarine, for cooking
Sliced Banana, to serve
Sliced Strawberries, to serve
Vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in oats and sugar and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk eggs, milk, melted margarine and vanilla essence in a jug.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients and add mashed banana. Use a rubber spatula to gently mix the ingredients together.
- Slice up the Banana and Strawberries and put aside for later.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Using a piece of paper towel, wipe cold butter over the frying pan to grease it.
- Pour 1/4 cups of mixture into the pan, not too close together.
- Cook for about 3 mins, until a few bubbles appear on the surface and the hotcakes are golden brown underneath.
- Using a thin egg flip, turn and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Place 2 hotcakes on a plate, top with sliced fruit and yoghurt.
- Serve and enjoy.