For a quick, easy & healthy Chinese inspired dish, try this beautifully flavoured beef recipe, to be served in lettuce cups and eaten with your hands!
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 large iceberg lettuce
- Fresh sliced chili & coriander
Optional Extra Garnishes:-
Finely sliced snow peas
- With core of lettuce facing down, bang core on a flat surface. Remove whole core by twisting and pulling out. Take off outer leaves of the lettuce, then separate leaves, making sure not to tear. Place in the fridge until serving time.
- Heat oil in fry pan over high heat. Add onion, garlic & ginger and fry till softened and golden. Add beef mince and stir until brown. Add Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and lime juice and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place lettuce cups onto plates, then fill with beef mince mixture. Garnish with fresh sliced chili and coriander.