Serves 6 | Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr (roast)
24 Rice Paper Sheets
375g Vermicelli Rice Noodles
1 Pack of Char Siu Butterflied Roast.
1 large carrot coarsely grated (use a potato peeler)
1 Cucumber cut into strips (use a potato peeler)
1 cup lettuce shredded
1 cup Bean Shoots
1 cup baby rocket leaves
2 Avocados thinly sliced
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Place the roast in the oven and cook for approx. 1 hour or until the meat is cooked.
- Once the roast is cooked, allow to cool slightly, thinly slice then set aside.
- Cook the vermicelli rice noodles according to packet instructions. Strain using cold water then set aside.
- Thinly slice up the up the lettuce and avocado.
- Using a potato peeler, thinly slice the carrot and the cucumber.
- Place the bean shoots, Baby rocket as well as all the other chopped ingredients in separate bowls in the middle of the table to form a production line.
- Fill a large shallow dish with warm water. Dip a rice paper sheet in the water for 30 seconds or until soft (do not soak for too long or it will tear). Place the sheet on a clean work surface.
- Top the rice paper with some pork, vermicelli noodles and your choice of the salads.
- Fold in the ends and roll up firmly to enclose the filling.
- Cover rice paper rolls with a damp tea towel to prevent drying out.
- Repeat the process with the remaining rice paper wrappers, noodles, pork and salads.
- Place some of the sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl to serve with the cold rolls.
- Eat and Enjoy.