Serves 12 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 0 mins
Packed with protein, good carbs, healthy fats and fibre, these will give you a slow release of energy to sustain you throughout the day. The chocolate and coffee make them delicious. Special thanks to our mate Chef Jason Roberts.
1 cup pitted soft whole dates, packed
1/2 cup warm water
2 tablespoon ground or instant coffee
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
3 tablespoons bittersweet or chopped dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons unsweetened or dark cocoa powder
2 teaspoon G-Fresh sesame seeds, extra if required
1/4 teaspoon G-Fresh sea salt flakes (optional)
2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- In a food processor, add dates and warm water. Process until it forms a paste.
- Add raw almonds, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, chocolate, G-Fresh sesame seeds and coffee. Process until nuts are broken up but not until smooth.
- If mixture is still wet and not holding together, add extra sesame seeds mixture holds firm.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into balls. Continue with remaining mixture.
- Toss balls through desiccated coconut and serve.
- Store in fridge if not eating immediately.