Serves 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
Risotto doesn’t have to be scary – use this recipe as a base and experiment with your own flavours or serve as is! This is one-pot cooking at it’s simplest.
Special thanks to our mate Chef Jason Roberts.
½ small Butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed and diced into small pieces
1 large brown onion, peeled and finely diced.
1 tspn G-Fresh Fennel Seeds
1 tspn G-Fresh Coriander powder
1 tspn G-Fresh Chilli flakes
2 tblspn Olive Oil
500g Arborio rice
1 1/2 cup verjuice or dry white wine
1 1/2 litre Chicken Stock
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
100g baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, crushed or roughly chopped
30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
G-Fresh Pink Himalayan Salt
- Heat a large skillet or pan over medium heat and add pumpkin. Cook until slightly softened.
- Add oil, onion and fennel seeds. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add rice and stir until rice starts to make a crackling noise.
- Add verjuice or white wine and cook until reduced.
- Add a cup of chicken stock and stir. Continue to add chicken stock a little at a time, allowing rice to cook slowly and absorb moisture. Stir occasionally. This should take approximately 15-18 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add sliced fennel, spinach and butter. Stir.
- Season to taste and add chilli flakes.
- Remove from heat and stir through Parmesan cheese.
- Serve topped with crushed pumpkin seeds, a dash of olive oil and serve.
- Remove from heat. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving.