What better way to stay cool this summer than with a massive bowl of Jessica’s Fresh Fruit Salad? Using the amazing fresh local produce available in store, the addition of the Lime, Honey and Vanilla Bean dressing will make this dish a winner in any household.
- 3 tbs honey
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (save pod for garnish)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g mixture of red and white grapes
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 2 yellow peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 apricots, sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peel and sliced
- 250g strawberries, halved
- 125g blueberries
- Fresh mint
- Begin by making the dressing by whisking together the honey, lime juice including zest, vanilla bean (seeds only) and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all of the fruit. Finely shred fresh mint and add to the bowl with fruit.
- Pour dressing over the fruit and combine gently.
- Chill in fridge before serving and garnish with extra fresh mint leaves and vanilla pod (sliced in half lengthwise).
Serves 4 – 6
Serving suggestion:- Serve with a delicious dollop of Greek yogurt