The combination of sweet and sour goes well with any pork dish so why should it be any different when it comes to a delicious glazed ham? Jessica’s succulent ‘sweet and sour’ glazed ham dish uses the perfect combination of the bitterness of orange marmalade, the sweetness of brown sugar and sourness of balsamic vinegar…plus the festive addition of whole clove spice!
Sweet & Sour Glazed Ham
- ½ cup good quality (and chunky) orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Whole cloves
- 4 – 5kg Australian whole leg ham on the bone
- Pre-heat oven to 170°c (fan forced)
- Using a sharp knife, remove the rind (skin from the ham) carefully to expose the fat. Discard rind.
- Score the fat into diamonds and stud the ham all over with cloves.
- In a small saucepan, combine orange marmalade, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Simmer over low heat until sugar has dissolved and the liquid has reduced and is syrupy.
- Place ham in a baking dish and brush generously with the glaze
- Bake ham for one hour continually basting with the remaining glaze frequently.
- Serve hot or cold