A modern twist on the traditional Greek Salad – try this recipe thanks to our friends at Lemnos! For an even easier salad, replace with canned lentils and pre-roasted capsicum. Simple!
- 15og French Lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium red capsicums, roasted and sliced
- 180g Lemnos Traditional Fetta, broken into small pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 50g spinach leaves, washed
For the Dressing:
- 6 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsps red wine vinegar
- Pinch of sweet paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the lentils in a colander and rinse them thoroughly under running water. Drain and place them in a large saucepan. Cover the lentils with a 5-6 cm of cold water. Season with salt, add the bay leaf and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until they are just cooked through but still firm and holding their shape. Be sure not to overcook them. Place them in a colander under running cold water for about 2 minutes to stop the cooking process and drain them.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the whole capsicums on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Cook for 30-35 minutes until skin begins to blacken and the capsicums start to soften and collapse. Remove from the oven and wrap tightly in aluminium foil and allow to cool so that the skins easily slip off. Once cool, remove the skins and seeds and slice the capsicums.
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the cooled lentils in the bowl and toss with dressing. Add half of the Lemnos Traditional Fetta, the chopped onion, cherry tomatoes, olives, spinach, sliced roasted capsicums and herbs and combine. Check the seasoning and transfer to a serving bowl. Scatter with the remaining Lemnos Traditional Fetta and a few fresh herbs just before serving.
Find more great recipes here: http://www.lemnosfoods.com/lemnos-recipes/