Lamb loin, olives & fennel go together like… you know what, it doesn’t really matter because this combo by Cobram Estate is delicious!
Grilled Loin of Lamb with Olives and Fennel
Prep 15 mins Cooking 30 mins Serves 4
- 2 de boned racks of lamb, 8 chops each
- 4tbsp Cobram Estate Premiere extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 sprigs of lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 3 globes of fennel, trimmed and each cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Chardonnay wine
- 3 tomatoes
- 20 baby black olives
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Additional Cobram Estate Premiere extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Cut each loin of lamb in half and season the meat with 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Premiere extra virgin olive oil, a little pepper, half the lemon thyme and half the garlic.
- Heat 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Premiere extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Add the onion and remaining sprigs of lemon thyme and stir for 2 minutes. Add the fennel, remaining garlic and the coriander seeds and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to the boil. Add the tomatoes, stir well and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Cook the lamb on a hot grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Season the meat with salt and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Add the olives, orange zest and parsley to the fennel.
- Serve the fennel on 4 plates and top with a piece of loin of lamb, sliced into 3 pieces. Drizzle a little Cobram Estate Premiere extra virgin olive oil on top of the meat and serve.