Thanks to our friends at Lemnos, we’re excited to bring you this yummy salad recipe – just in time for summer!
- 500g seedless watermelon, cut into batons
- 180g Lemnos Haloumi, cut in batons
- 1 ½ cups cooked white quinoa
- 50g washed baby spinach leaves
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup each parsley and mint leaves
- ½ medium red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- On a medium heat, in a large frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the Lemnos Haloumi. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, watermelon batons, spinach, pine nuts, remaining olive oil, herbs, lemon zest and juice. Toss well. Season to taste.
- Transfer to a platter, top with the toasted haloumi.
Serve as a refreshing light lunch or dinner or as a colourful side dish.
Find the original recipe here: http://www.lemnosfoods.com/lemnos/haloumi-watermelon-quinoa-salad/