A lazy four days of mindless chocolate indulgence can catch up with us really quickly, but The Food Curators have created a delicious and guilt less indulgent Easter cake that we had to share!
3 cups almond meal
½ cup cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
½ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup you choice of milk
4 tbs honey
200g 70-85% dark eating chocolate
200mL coconut cream
1. Pre-heat oven to 150ºC fan forced (170ºC conventional)
2. Line a 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
3. Mix the almond meal, cacao and baking powder.
4. Add in honey, eggs, oil and milk, then mix well to form a smooth batter.
5. Pour into your baking tin and bake for 40 minutes of until just cooked through. The inside will be a little moist – this is a good sign that you’re a successful baker.
6. Let it cool completely before you top with ganache or a smashed raspberry sauce.
1. Warm the cream in a pot over a gentle heat.
2. Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
3. Once chocolate is melted, take both chocolate and cream off the heat.
4. Pour the cream lovingly into the melted chocolate, whisk until smooth.
5. Add a pinch of salt.
If you’re in a rush, you can spread over your cooled cake straight away (it might be a bit runny). Typically though, you should let your ganache cool at room temperature for 2 hours, then spread over your cake.