Serves 2 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
200g barramundi fillets, bones removed
3 medium french shallots, peeled and finely sliced
2 large red chillies, seeds removed and finely sliced lengthways
10 baby cucumbers, halved
1/2 small bunch basil leaves
1/2 small bunch mint leaves
1/2 small bunch coriander
1/4 cup crisp fried shallots
G-Fresh Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
For Nam Jim sauce:
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Season barramundi with G-Fresh salt and pepper and add to frying pan, skin side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Flip fish and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the Nam Jim, add garlic and 1/4 teaspoon G-Fresh salt to a mortar and pestle. Grind.
- Add small red chilli and palm sugar and pound into a paste. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Taste and add fish sauce or lime juice as required to balance out the sweet, sour and salty flavours.
- In a large bowl, add cucumbers, french shallots, basil, mint, coriander and 2 large red chilli.
- Add nam jim sauce, crispy shallots and chopped fish. Toss to fully coat and serve immediately.