Let’s face it – who DOESN’T like a Cob loaf dip? This recipe from Jessica Liebich is a new twist on an old favourite and is sure to impress the hungry hoards this festive season!
- 425g can of tuna, drained and flaked
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 200ml crème fraiche
- 2 tbs tomato chutney
- 2 tbs capers, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbs fresh dill, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon plus 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 x 22cm round Cob Loaf
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl. Stir until smooth. Add the tuna, tomato chutney, capers, lemon zest and juice, Tabasco and paprika and stir until combined. Add and stir in the spring onions and dill. Season with salt. Put in fridge to chill.
- Pre- heat your oven to 180°c (fan-forced).
- Cut a 2-3cm thick slice off the top of cob loaf. Cut out bread from centre of cob loaf carefully leaving about a 1 ½ cm edge. Set aside. Cut remaining bread including the top, into squares, about 1cm thick.
- Spray the cob loaf with olive oil on the inside of the bread cavity as well as the outside and underneath. Place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Place the bread squares on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray both sides of the bread with olive oil and bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn over, and bake in oven for another 5 mins. Cool completely.
- Pour dip into bread cavity. Surround with toasted bread squares (and extra crackers/ vegetable sticks if desired) and serve immediately.