Serves 6 | Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr (roast)
24 rice paper sheets
375g vermicelli rice noodles
1 pack of Hoisin Butterflied Scotch Roast or 1 pack of Char Siu Butterflied Roast.
1 large carrot, coarsely grated
1 cucumber, halved and cut into strips 1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 cup bean shoots
1 cup baby rocket leaves
sweet chilli sauce
1. Place the roast in the oven and cook for approximately 1 hour or until the meat is cooked.
2. Once the roast is cooked, allow to cool slightly, thinly slice then set aside.
3. Cook the vermicelli rice noodles according to packet instructions. Strain using cold water then set aside.
4. Combine all salad ingredients in a separate bowl and combine. Set aside.
5. Fill a large shallow dish with warm water. Dip a rice paper sheet in the water for 30 seconds or until soft (do not soak for too long or it will tear). Place the sheet on a clean work surface. Top with some pork, vermicelli noodles then salad. Fold in the ends and roll up firmly to enclose the filling.
6. Cover rice paper rolls with a damp tea towel to prevent drying out.
7. Repeat the process with the remaining rice paper wrappers, noodles, pork and salad.
8. Place some of the sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl to serve with the cold rolls.