We don’t care what the New Zealanders say – the Pavlova is Australian! Try this updated version of an Australian favourite – serve this at Christmas and watch this delicious dessert disappear faster than you can say “Fish and chups!”
You can find the Bulla Frozen Greek Style Yoghurt down the freezer aisle at your local Drakes Supermarkets store.
- 225 mL egg whites (approximately 7 – 8 egg whites)
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour sifted
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Bulla Frozen Greek Style Yoghurt Raspberry & Fig
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130 °C fan forced). Line 2 x baking trays with non stick baking paper and draw 4 x 10cm circles on each tray.
- Place egg whites and salt in a large bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking for 30 seconds after each addition.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula to incorporate any undissolved sugar.
- Beat a further 5 minutes or until mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Fold in vinegar and cornflour until well combined. Spoon meringue mixture onto the trays creating 8 meringues. Use the 10cm circle as a guide.
- Reduce oven temperature to 120°C (100°C fan forced) and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and allow to cool in oven.
- Combine berries with icing sugar and lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Top meringues with scoops of Bulla Frozen Greek Style Yoghurt Raspberry & Fig just before serving and decorate with macerated berries.
For this recipe and more, visit www.bulla.com.au