Messy Jessy has created this delicious family meal, everyone will love!
4 Chicken Maryland, jointed
½ cup white wine vinegar
2 cups chicken stock
1 ½ tbs Dijon mustard
1 tbs honey
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbs chopped fresh thyme
3 large potatoes, skin on, cut into wedges
150g cherry tomatoes
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
3 tbs olive oil
Salt/Pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to pan and brown chicken pieces on all sides. Remove from heat.
3. In a pouring jug, combine vinegar, stock, mustard, honey and garlic.
4. Line the base of a baking dish with sliced onion and potatoes. Place chicken on top and pour stock mix over the top. Scatter with chopped thyme and tomatoes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Cook in oven at 200°C for 50 minutes basting chicken 2 or 3 times. Stir in peas and cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
6. You can make a delicious gravy by straining the roasting juices into a saucepan. Simmer until reduced and thickened.