Cold weather is coming and what better way to begin it than with a hearty, full of flavour, chicken and potato curry brought to you by The Food Curators. Use the slow cooker to do all the hard work while you’re out and when you return, dinner will be ready.
- 700 g chicken thighs or chicken pieces
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3cm knob of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup yellow curry powder or Massaman curry paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 medium sweet potato cut into chunks
- 1 large carrot, cut chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves 2 green shallots, chopped and a handful of coriander leaves, to garnish
- To serve: steamed broccoli, spinach, beans or anything you have in your fridge
1) Pre-brown the chicken thighs in a pan before popping in the slow cooker or you can simply place chicken in the slow cooker raw if you prefer.
2) Let the chicken cool down and mix with the chicken, the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, fish sauce and curry powder. Leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour or overnight (if laziness prevails half an hour will do).
3) Take out of fridge and add in stock, vegetables, coconut milk and bay leaves.
4) Place contents in the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
5) Because we like to up the greens, add steamed beans, spinach or broccoli to your curry before serving.
6) Cook up a little brown rice or cauliflower rice and BOOM, a meal the whole family will love.
We like leftovers so we recommend making a bit extra, this way dinner tomorrow night has already been sorted.
@the_food_curators Serves 4