Stuffed Capsicums is certainly a winter favourite but I bet you have never had capsicums like this! Delicious and healthy, The Food Curators bring this recipe which has more ingredients than one might expect and will get the whole family eating veggies.
2 garlic cloves
500g lean mince (turkey, lamb, chicken, your choice)
Handful of spinach
1 tin of chopped tomatoes, or chop 2-3 fresh tomatoes yourself
Couple of tablespoons of tomato paste
1/2 zucchini, grated
1 stick of celery
1 tbsp coconut oil
Ground cumin, coriander, cajun seasoning and chilli flakes to taste
Salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Halve capsicums lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Drizzle a sauté pan with coconut oil and turn up to medium heat. We really recommend coconut oil if you have it, it gives the stuffing an incredible flavor. If you only have olive oil, that’s ok too.
- Add garlic, onion, mushroom and celery and cook for five minutes to soften.
- Add meat to pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, tomato paste and spices. Cook 2-3 minutes until it’s all cooked down, then remove from heat.
- Fill capsicum halves with stuffing, packing it down.
- Place stuffed capsicums in baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes.
Serve with your favourite vegetables or as it is.