This week, Earth Source Foods (ESF) tofu will be showcased to our customers at Drakes Supermarkets in South Australia and Queensland as part of a number of in-store food demonstrations.
Earth Source Foods tofu only appeared on shelves at Drakes a few weeks ago but is already making a positive impression on those who had not previously experienced ‘The ESF Difference’ (i.e. tofu made from certified demeter organic bio-dynamic soybeans – no GMO). This results in noticeably better-tasting tofu for today’s fussy foodie.
As John-Paul Drake said, “We’re always looking to introduce new products to our customers but not just any products – excellent quality, locally created products that uphold Australian standards. Earth Source Foods definitely fitted the bill, and we’re very proud to be stocking their full tofu range.”
For Earth Source Foods, taking part in the food demos at Drakes is an exciting opportunity as it allows them to literally ‘put the tofu in the mouths of customers’. Being a chilled item makes it difficult to share tofu directly with potential new customers, food bloggers and so on. Demonstrating the food in-store at Drakes Supermarkets offers ESF the perfect means for ensuring cold-chain and hygiene standards remain uncompromised.
Our Customers will be treated to a range of canapés, such as:
- Cooked cubes on toothpicks with dipping sauces of soy or a sweet chilli sauce (featuring ESF FIRM tofu)
- Cold sliced tofu presented on light wafer biscuits with a slice of tomato and salt & pepper to taste (featuring ESF newest product, SMOKED tofu).
- Scrambled tofu on mini toast – see recipe below (featuring ESF SOFT tofu)
The team at Earth Source Foods is confident these canapés have the power to convert tofu sceptics and prove, when it comes to tofu, compromising on quality can make the world of difference. Taste what they’re talking about:
- Wed 11th November – ROCHEDALE – 10am to 2pm
- Fri 13th November – ROCHEDALE – 2.30pm to 6.30pm
- Wed 11th November – ORMEAU – 1.30pm to 5.30pm
- Fri 13th November – ORMEAU – 2.30pm to 6.30pm
In South Australia:
- Wed 11th November – BLACKWOOD – 2.30pm to 6.30pm
- Thur 12th November – BLACKWOOD – 2.30pm to 6.30pm
- Wed 11th November – GOLDEN GROVE – 2.30pm to 6.30pm
- Fri 13th November – GOLDEN GROVE – 2.30pm to 6.30pm
- Thur 12th November – HALLETT COVE – 9.30am to 1.30pm
- Fri 13th November – HALLETT COVE – 2.30pm to 6.30pm
Here are a couple of the surprisingly simple and tasty recipes using Tofu – try these at home!
Tofu, Blueberry & Cashew Smoothie
A delicious treat anytime or as a light dessert, this smoothie will leave you wanting more!
MAKES: 2 serves
1 Tub (300g) of Earth Source Foods Silken Tofu
40g (approx half a cup) Blueberries
40g (approx half a cup) Raw cashew nuts
55g (approx 3 tablespoons) Honey
1. Place cashew nuts in blender to grind and add some of the water as required.
2. Add blueberries, honey and remainder of water to blend.
3. Add silken tofu and blend to smoothie consistency.
Substitute berries and type of raw nut used to your preference. Raw nuts may be soaked overnight for softer consistency.
Try this easy vegan “I can’t believe it’s not scrambled eggs” for breakfast, or an anytime tasty, hasty meal.
MAKES: 2 serves
1 tub (250g) of Earth Source Foods Soft Tofu
1 teaspoon of Tamari or Soy sauce
2 Tablespoons oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Take tofu from the tub, slice into 3 slabs and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat.
3. Add tofu and lightly mash with a potato masher, leaving tofu reasonably coarse.
4. Stir constantly until some of the tofu water has evaporated off.
5. Add Tamari/Soy sauce, stir through and add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Add 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast with the Tamari/Soy sauce
Add any of the following to the hot oil and lightly fry before the adding and mashing the tofu:
– ¼ Red capsicum cut into small cubes
– 1 or 2 Spring onions finely chopped
– ¼ Small red onion finely chopped
– 2 Medium sized mushrooms sliced
When adding salt and pepper to taste, stir through:
– Steamed spinach or kale
– Pinch of chopped fresh herbs, eg: basil, coriander or parsley
– Whole or halved cherry tomatoes
Serve as you would scrambled eggs – on toast, in a wrap, or simply, deliciously on its own!
For more recipes and inspirational ways to prepare tofu, visit the Earth Source Foods website.